Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Double To A Million - More Assets to Report !

OK,

I did the scary thing again and put $400 of my $595 stake into wholesale goods. (That includes shipping ect...)
If I keep to my sales projection, my Return On Investment should be 84%.
I've made the sale prices low for my new shipment, which is why it is down on my usual 100%, but I'm hoping to sell these fast... And I'm hoping that people will enjoy getting wholesale goods !!
I've already done all the auction descriptions and have basic photos which I will make nicer. Should be ready to go in a couple of days.

What did I get ?
Watches !

While last time I was a little scared that they wouldn't sell, I found I just needed to find the right pricing level...and undercut the competition :D

I have some neat ideas to reach the $1280 mark although the watches should take me most of the way.

I forgot to mention, I sold the typewriter and the radio and a few other mosaics lots which took me up to the $595 mark.
I've found about 20 pieces of really nice beach china and will look for some more.

Interestingly enough, I'm also working hard to pay money off my debts every day so that I can become debt free before the end of this year. This morning out of the blue I got a phone call asking if I would like to fill in for a chef for a month (I put myself through Uni as a cook/chef). All that money will go towards paying my debt and I'll be 1/3 of the way there :)

Definately a good week !

Rachel.

Doubling Challenge - Double To A Million

2 comments:

One Green-Paper Flip said...

How would someone like me (who knows nothing) find a good wholesaler like you did for your watches? I would have no idea where to start!

Flip

Rachel. said...

That is the Question !!

You'd be surprised how easy it is :D I set aside 2 hours a week and google wholesalers.
I actually find the best ones through http://www.surplus.net/

I found this by looking through about 10 pages of Google results for wholesalers, closeouts and overstock.

I'd suggest you start looking at closeout and overstock suppliers.
The trick is finding the ones who deal in small amounts rather than by the pallet.

I think that resource will give you a good start, but if you need advice, just e-mail me on rachel.a(at)xtra dot co dot nz and I'll help some more :D

Good Luck !

Rachel.