Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Double Your Way To A Million - More Ideas...

Hi All !

Today is Chloe's first birthday and to celebrate, she's sleeping. No shocks there.....
Thought I'd add a pic of her in her very favourite sleeping position ;
What a weirdo :D

So, my stake is up to $575 now and I've been throwing around a few other ideas.
I'd like to get more watches simply due to the return on investment (Double).
The beauty of small things like watches and jewellery is they are small, light and can be sent relatively cheaply from the supplier.
My supplier is in the US and for $40-50 postage they are trackable and arrive in 3 days in New Zealand.
One thing I have to keep in mind is taxes.
If your shipment goes over $400 NZD you have to pay GST and tax on the items and the tax ! NZ really should be renamed taxland :D

The CD's are a great return on investment due to the low production cost. That seems to have been my version of mail order and I'm now working on some more products which I can sell through Trademe.

I had thought about traditional mail order (sending out hardcopy offers). I may get into that later, but at the moment it costs approx $0.60 to do one mailing. One mailing might reach one person if I get everything right and they read the offer.
If I put the same offer up on TradeMe it costs $0.25 for gallery and a small fee for a sale.
While it might come out at a similar cost for one sale, the offer online is veiwed by 60-200 people per week.
Even if only 50 people click the auction, that equates to $30 of hardcopy mailings !

I'm going to place another watch order with a slightly lower ROI so they sell very quickly. I'd rather have a quick sale than goods sitting around forever !

OK, I'm off to order !

Rachel.

Double Your Way To A Million - More Ideas...

2 comments:

Rachel. said...

Thanks Shagaia !

It's funny, but working hard on this has lead me to work harder on everything, my business and becoming debt free.

The hardest part is keeping the money separate !!

Good luck, I'd love to hear more about how you're doing it sometime.

:)Rachel.

Unknown said...

Wow, I just came up with a new idea to add money to my stake. I will go to Vegas and make a bet on Rachel to be the first to make it to Step 28! lol Congrats on the progress. I received the CD and I am overwhelmed by the info. Now I have to figure out how to use all of it. lol Thanks again!

Scott
Double2mil.blogspot.com