Sunday, April 15, 2007

Double To A Million - How To's...

My stake is gradually creeping up by $10-$20 per day now which is nice.
If you look at my total sometimes, it looks as if I'm lower than the level I say I'm at.
This is due to me investing some of my Stake money into goods that will sell, to bring me to the next level.

I just wanted to clarify this for the uninitiated :)

Reading a reveiw that was done on this site, I also thought I should clear up a few things also.

Even though I'm in New Zealand, most if not all of the things I have done to reach this level are do-able in any country.

You may notice that the bulk of my funds come through selling on TradeMe (The New Zealand version of eBay).
What I don't mention is that everytime I consider buying something, I search through all the live listings and then all the expired auctions to get a good idea of whether the item will sell.

  • I'll get the number of closed auctions for the item I am considering selling.
  • The number of goods that have sold above or at reserve and the amount of times they were re-listed until sold.
  • Run the numbers to see the probability of easy sales
  • Check current selling prices against RRP in shops and determine if I can undercut the market.
  • Put yourself in the Buyers shoes. Wouldn't you prefer the same item for a huge discount ?!
These are things that anyone in any country can do.
Considering that America is my primary buying country, I think all you US people could get far better deals...I have to pay for international shipping !!

This concept also applies with things like my mosaic plate lots and beach china.
My advice is simply read the market and give it what it wants.

Later...
Rachel.

No comments: