Friday, May 04, 2007

Double Your Way To A Million - Another week, Another Idea !

Double Your Way To A Million - Another week, Another Idea !

This week I've been working on a more long term project to bring in money to the Doubling Challenge.
I realise that when creating artwork, you can only do so much for your time to be worthwhile so I have gone with an idea I've been thinking about.
After doing extensive "research" (a day of checking out art sites on the web !), I don't think my particular idea has been done in this way.

On 12"x 12" stretched canvas I am painting, in oils..... The coins that so many overlook.
It occurred to me that so often when you ask someone what picture is on each coin that many can only answer a few correctly.

The first coin is the NZ One Cent (before being pulled from circulation it was copperish with a fern on it. This one is completed but not for sale :D

The second is the now also extinct Two Cent Coin. It has Kowhai flowers on it. These are a yellow bell type flower on a large tree. It is for sale !

The Five Cent is a work in progress (stupid detailed Tuatara.....) but the Ten Cent is done.
I'll actually start another blog linking here to display these.

I'll also be writing about something interesting in the next day or so that had never occurred to me !

Later,

Rachel.

OK, I haven't signed it or cleaned it up totally... but here's a sneak preveiw of the 10c !
All Coin Series ©RA Hammond 2007, All rights reserved।



Subscribe To The Doubling Challenge - by Email

2 comments:

Xinfinitum said...

Good Luck on selling your Coin paintings. It was an interesting idea and I hope you are successful with it.

Regards,
Xinfinitum
Double To A Million Plan
dtamp.blogspot.com

Rachel. said...

Thanks X !

I have some interest in 3 of them and I've nearly finished the set. The best thing is I'm painting again !

Rachel.