Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Double From A Penny To A Million - Another Tack...

Double From A Penny To A Million - Another Tack...

I should probably mention another tack i'm taking....

Every year I have an impressive display of Poppies. These are the deep red Papaver Somniferum L. (Yes, that is the Opium poppy...)
The Hammonds brought this with them in the last 1/2 of the 19th century when they came from England to NZ.
These poppies have been self seeding since 1870 !

Anyway, I usually gather the seed and sell it on TradeMe. I usually make around $500 a year from this. However, each year I have more and more seed !

This year, instead of just doubling the amount given to people or giving it away, I've decided to take the left over and sell it on the American eBay.

As I understand the law in both countries this is perfectly legal and my strain of Poppy is particularly unusual in that it gives off between 12-24 flowers/pods.

To clarify, this is seed I would normally do nothing with as I have so much of it ! I think that is then fair to say I wouldn't get money from it otherwise and so can use it for my doubling.

Rachel.

1 comment:

Xinfinitum said...

Hi,

You definitely come up with very interesting products to sell.

Xinfinitum